(10) Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
(11) The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as the rest of men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
(12) I fast twice in the week; I give tithes of all that I get.
(13) But the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote his breast, saying, God, be thou merciful to me a sinner.
(14) I say unto you, This man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be humbled; but he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
These are words of Jesus in the New Testament. Tell me who got blessed, justified, and goes to heaven in the above parable. The one that tithes or the one that does not tithe? You have answered right! The one that does not tithe. Any message that asks the Christians to tithe is a sin and unscriptural. Tithing is not for the New Testament believers.